We all have them. This summer has been brutal in a lot of the country. Who can really blame you for losing your temper and your perspective? In the spirit of helpfulness, we here at the VacuousMinx offer some do’s and don’ts for when that happens:
(1) Complain to your friends, family, and anyone else who will sympathize. That’s what they’re there for.
(2) Try to find something to do that you enjoy, to remind yourself that the world is a fun and rewarding place.
(3) Take a step back and think about whether the things that are bothering you are worth getting really worked up about, again.
(1) Listen to people who think going public is a great way to get it off your chest.
(2) Immortalize it by talking about it in online, unless of course you want to live with it forever.
(3) Dump all of the perceived pinpricks, insults, and unfair comments into one omnibus rant, because everyone will think you’re talking about them, whether you are or not.
(4) Piss on (and inevitably piss off) your readers, your colleagues, your advertisers, and the people who give you the free stuff that facilitates your online success.
(5) Dig in your heels and insist everyone is misreading you when the conversation goes pear-shaped.
And if you wind up with more actions from the Don’t category than the Do side?
Just apologize. Don’t expect people to move on when you can’t.